• Significant charity engagement beyond the financial perspective, as the tournament worked with a handful of charities to create programming at the event to generate greater awareness and outreach
• Provided unique fan experience elements such as a Spectator Trolley to help fans get around the course, Citywide Junior Area, Birdieball Interactive Area, Staycool Visit Loveland Zone, and a PointsBet Sportsbook activation
• Expanded its audience with a comprehensive approach to social media across a wide variety of platforms, as well as the addition of PGA TOUR LIVE streaming coverage for the third and final rounds
• Assembled a robust group of volunteers, reaching nearly 700 volunteers, including a growing number of youth volunteers as a result of a donation program
• Highest rated player dining and hospitality experience on Tour
“It’s truly an honor for the whole community,” TPC Colorado Championship at Heron Lakes Tournament Director Drew Blass said. “Everybody is embracing it. It’s not just the tournament, it’s everybody involved all through Colorado and Wyoming. Everybody in the community is accepting this award. Everybody can say, ‘Hey, we were a part of this.’ It’s special for everybody.”
The Tony Finau Foundation, one of the charities annually benefitting from the Utah Championship presented by Zions Bank, received the Charity of the Year honor. The Tony Finau Foundation is built on a family-discovered experience through the game of golf. It aims to empower and inspire youth and their families to discover, develop, and achieve the best of their gifts and talents through the game of golf, educational funding, and core family values.
Since partnering with the Utah Championship presented by Zions Bank in 2018, the Tony Finau Foundation has hosted a Monday pro-am during tournament week, with the proceeds going directly to the foundation.
The Korn Ferry Tour will contribute $10,000 to the TPC Colorado Championship at Heron Lakes, $15,000 to the Tony Finau Foundation, $5,000 to the Volunteer of the Year’s tournament, and $2,500 to the Sales Award and Truck Award winners.